Neurological Care for Pets in Ceres
At American Pet Clinic in Ceres our board-certified veterinary neurologist provides comprehensive medical and surgical care for pets with neurological conditions.
At your appointment, our neurology specialist will perform a detailed neurological exam to determine if, and what part of your pet's nervous system is affected.
After the exam, the neurologist will discuss the most likely causes for your pet's issues, including diagnostic imaging and our state-of-the-art MRI services necessary to determine the exact cause and available treatment which may include medical therapy, surgery or intensive care.
Board-Certified Veterinary Neurologist
A board-certified veterinary neurologist has completed additional specialized training in the field of veterinary neurology. This training, in the form of a residency, exposes the veterinarian to a variety of neurological diseases affecting a variety of animals, which is followed by an extensive examination process.
Common Neurologic Conditions
Neurological conditions in pets commonly treated by our veterinary neurologist include:
- Intervertebral disc disease
- Encephalitis and meningitis
- Epilepsy, especially difficult to manage or refractory cases
- Brain and spinal tumors
- Syringomyelia/Occipital malformation
- Chronic pain
- Stroke and fibrocartilagenous embolism (FCE)
- Degenerative myelopathy
- Complete neurologic exam and lesion localization
- MRI and CT interpretation
- Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) collection and evaluation
- Hemilaminectomy and ventral slot decompression for IVDD
- Craniotomy (brain surgery) for brain tumors
- Spinal tumor removal or biopsy
- Lumbosacral dorsal laminectomy for LS stenosis and cauda equina syndrome
- Nerve and muscle biopsy
New Patients Always Welcome
American Pet Clinic is accepting new patients! Get in touch today to book your pet's first appointment.