Improving Mobility & Reducing Pain
The team at American Pet Clinic works with injured pets to help restore pain-free mobility through individualized exercise programs developed to meet specific needs.
Passive Range of Motion (PROM) and stretching activities help promote and maintain muscle, tendon, and ligament flexibility.
Therapeutic exercises improve the movement of synovial fluid, reducing enzymes that break down cartilage, thus promoting healthier joints in cats and dogs.
We use a variety of therapeutic exercises at American Pet Clinic to reintroduce healthy movement including treadmills, balance boards, physioball exercises, circling, cavalettis, surface variation, changing incline/hills, and stair climbing.
Our vets will work with your pets to increase their mobility and reduce the pain associated with inflamed joints and degeneration.
Goals & Benefits of Therapeutic Exercises:
- Improved range of motion and flexibility
- Restored muscle mass and strength
- Decreased pain associated with motion/movement
- Reduced lameness in limbs
- Protection against joint degeneration
- Prevention of further injuries
- Improved daily function and use of limbs
- Heightened lymphatic flow and blood flow
New Patients Always Welcome
American Pet Clinic is accepting new patients! Get in touch today to book your pet's first appointment.